Thursday, December 30, 2004

Don't read this bit first

OK, so I wrote the poem in the following post while I was waking up this morning. I still think it's quite good, even though I haven't had my second cup of tea yet. Please read it BEFORE you read the rest of this post. Allow yourself time to absorb my literary genius and identify with my ANGST. Then you might as well read the insensitive drivel dished up by those cruelest of my critics - YES! My own children! Whom I carried for nine and a half months EACH and then brought into this world with SCREAMS of TORMENT and EXHAUSTION. Ungrateful brats.

Polly: *grinning* It's good Mum; really funny!

Mayday: *seriously, and a little shaken* Oh, you can't write that, Mum; it's Teeerible.

Polly: *laughing out loud now* You should just keep the first three verses, but replace all of the "Him" comments with his last one. That'd be REALLY funny.

I absolutely refused to make crepes this morning.

No comments: