Thursday, May 05, 2005

So sue me

OK this might be completely politically incorrect, but I'm going to just come right out and say it:

I REALLY LIKE PEOPLE

I mean, I could be fashionably cynical. I could be beatnik and savvy. I could be witty, dammit.

But, just for today, I think I'm going to enjoy liking people. Don't get me wrong; lots of people annoy me, or make me feel uncomfortable. Some people I would rather not spend too much time with. But really, when I'm forced, for whatever reason, to spend time with them, and if I pay attention, it's just really hard not to like them. I think people are just plain likeable.

I bet if I was forced to share a cell with the Burnies, or Osama bin Laden, or George W Bush, or even Oprah, I bet I would like them.

And don't think I'm being all special or anything, because, hey, if I was sharing a cell with ANY of them, that would just prove I'm a criminal. Obviously.

2 comments:

Fred said...

"...or even Oprah."

How can you dis that woman, woman? That is almost sacrilege.

Quirkie said...

She's just too nice to be nice, you know? Like Dolly Parton (acting, not singing; love the singing) and Robin Williams (acting). There's just something so crap about their DELIBERATE likeableness. I like people's accidental likeableness - the likeableness they are embarrased about and try to hide because it's not cool.