Monday, March 20, 2006

But where's ya wheelie bin?

So in our neighbourhood, they collect the rubbish once a week. But the recycling bin, that they collect once a fortnight, see? So people around here are pretty busy. They're kinda professional types. Most people don't remember which week it is, right? Nobody knows for sure.

See where I'm going with this?

So what I do, every once in a while, I put out both bins on the night when they're only supposed to collect the one. I make sure I put it out real early, then I go back inside. I smile to myself all night. Who's going to copy me? Then, in the morning, I go and I check it out. I go out, and I see a whole street full of double wheelie bins.

That right there? That's influence, my friend.

5 comments:

ThirdCat said...

As someone who relies on others around her to remember which bin is supposed to be out when (the council calendar having long since been lost/destroyed/whatever), I admit this is quite funny. Annoying, but funny.

Ampersand Duck said...

Very funny indeed! Happens on my street too, but I'm not the instigator. Must check who is... (I still have my fridge magnet thingy.)

Fluffy said...

I applaud the courage it took to confess to this. You are an inspiration. xxx Fluff

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Here at Chez Pavlov there is the intricate system of THREE bins -- recyclables one week, garden waste the other, plus ordinary old crud once a week. I am an inveterate washer of recyclables pre-disposal, because of the horrible smell if one doesn't, so am not impressed to have ended up this week with the boys next door's recycling tub, a disgusting mess of baked-on ancient milk and egg of a kind one just does not expect from a gay couple. I plan to keep a close eye out tomorrow, do a re-swap and get my own relatively clean one back.

BEVIS said...

Loves it!