Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I love school holidays, generally.

Well, the school holidays have progressed. I love school holidays, generally. Normally the kids' teachers get the best of them, all their milestones, all their lovely malapropisms and solecisms, their witticisms and commentaries, all their smiles. I get them early-morning bleary-eyed and after-school exhausted. On the school holidays I get to pretend I'm on holidays too, and wear my pyjamas all day, eat junk-food and play computer games. Normally, I mostly am on holidays too. But this time, the university calender doesn't quite synchronise, and instead of pyjama days I've been siting exams and writing assignments. Bother. Also, Bill is in South East Asia, although I could have told him the answer sure ain't there.*

Anyhoo.

I lost a client last week. Terribly clumsy of me, I know. This bothered me more than it should have.

Also, my computer has been in for servicing, so I have been lost to the blog world. (I'm using Miffy's at the moment - don't tell her.) Lost, I tell you.



* This link for anyone concerned that this throw away comment is a reflection on the state of my marriage, or suggests any extramarital contingency plan on Bill's part. Nothing to see here. Move along.

No comments: