Friday, November 09, 2007

I've decided that I really do like Tohru Honda. At first she annoyed me, like all female anime characters annoy me. Like all male anime characters annoy me. Like all anime writers, ipso facto, annoy me.

Because despite all the degrading, self-flaggelating squawking she does, despite the p*rnographically short skirts coupled disturbingly with rediculously childlike features, despite the whole damn pro-patriarchal propaganda of the thing,

.
.
.

she knows who she is, and how she wants to live, and it's good, and other-focussed, and she pushes determinedly towards it. She is unshakeable.

When I grow up, I want to be like Tohru.

2 comments:

hazelblackberry said...

Please don't grow up. I like you child-like and fey.

Quirkie said...

Ah thankyou :)

But the short skirts have to go, don't they.