Monday, February 21, 2005

Through A Glass Darkly, or Where the Hell is it This Time?

Drat the whole universe I've lost my purse again. The one with my keys attached to it and which also contains my drivers license, bankbooks (yes, the old fashioned ones that don't involve plastic, number-of-the-beast-inscribed cards or the convenience of 24-hour withdrawal facilities), DIARY, oh my God its got my DIARY in it, and every other thing that makes my life BARELY FUNCTIONAL.

I've been tossing up between:
1. re-re-re-re-tracing my steps of Saturday for the forty seventh time, or
2. warmly and humbly embracing my absent-mindedness as the gift of a thorn-in-my-side to me from God, and celebrating that His power is made perfect in my weakness, or
3. forcefully and repeatedly plunging a fork into my eye.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I have figured out how to post comments, hello Quirkie! Forks don't go in eyes. Did you find the purse?

Quirkie said...

Hello Sweedums! Welcome. (Any relation to Dr Drew, btw?)

No I have not found my horrid horrid horrid disgusting purse.

I have turned the house upside-down (only partly metaphorically), have checked all the obvious places, like the freezer, the clothes dryer, under the house, the recycling bin etc. Have shamefacedly been asking at the last several shops I went to. My last resort will be the fish and chips shop. (Technically, my last resort will be the bottle shop, but for a whole other reason.)(Because I actually checked there already.)

Anonymous said...

No, I am an entity unto myself, no relation to Dr Drew. A spring chicken with hair similar to some of the hair that lives in your house! Know who I am yet?

Deepest sympathy for the loss of your disgusting purse. Not fun! If you do stake out the bottle shop let me know, I will come too. I'm having a disgusting week also, with uni. Evil, I tell you.

(Should I be encouraging you to haunt a bottle shop?) I mean it as a gesture of solidarity more than anything!

Quirkie said...

Sweedums, you're messing with my head. I've narrowed you down to two possibilities. Both with hair like MayDay and Noisie. One is actually from Canterbury, the other goes to uni. If you're the first, then you, of all people, should know who Dr Drew is. If you're the second, then; since when do you come from Canterbury?

Anonymous said...

"Canterbury Castle". Street name morphed into pet name for our house! Give up, Quirkie?

Quirkie said...

OK, I think I gotcha... have you ever been accused of prophesy?

Anonymous said...

Yah I have upon occasion! I like your site. Would you like to write an ode for me? About any topic you wish!

Jellyfish said...

Mwah-hah! Finally I make it here. Sorry for the delay!

Misery sure does love company!