Sunday, December 18, 2005

Serendipity

I don't remember how or why I ended up at this site, but it's just charming. For instance, did you know:

... that a can of cola mixed in with the wash will take the pee smell out of kids clothes? (I don't know how "Sabrina" Michael Matthews figured this out, but I, for one, am glad that he did.)

... washing up liquid can be used as a lubricant to release a dog stuck in a rocky crevasse? (Submitted by Axel Klystron.)

... one shouldn't mix cut daffodils in with other cut flowers as the daffodils produce a toxin that kills off the other flowers. (This, understandably, was submitted anonymously. The Daffodil Conspiracy, while pooh-poohed in broader, and sadly naive, society, is a force best left untampered. With.)

And I, humbling as it is to admit it, have no idea what Susan Carter means by this:

...
Instead of sneakers, use a can of new tennis balls.

???



2 comments:

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Dunno how novel this one is, but you know those annoying price stickers that they put on CD covers?

And you know how they always leave gooey gum all over the cover when you peel them off?

Try spraying some aerosol on the gummy bits, rub off with a paper wipe, and presto, that bulge in Mick Jagger's dacks will be revealed!

Rodney Olsen said...

It's Christmas Eve and I'm spending a little time dropping in on the blogs I regularly read. I wish you a very merry Christmas and I look forward to reading your blog in 2006.