Sunday, December 04, 2005

Word Verification made me do it.

All I have to do is write "smenita".

It sounds simple, doesn't it? I want to comment on people's blogs (because that's just the kind of girl I am. I comment, alright? I commentate.)

But WV tells me I've got it wrong. I've tried "srnenita" and "_smenita" and "smenita_" and "sme_nita" and nothing works.

So if you think I've suddenly become an overnight lurker then you're absloutely right.

But it's not by choice. Bah. Any ideas? Bah! I can't even ask in a comment!

I feel so alone.

4 comments:

Fluffy said...

I had "smenita" the other day when trying to comment over at Sorrow at Sills Bend. Must have tried 10 times and kept getting "smenita" and it just wouldn't let me post my comment. Oh this word verification thing shits me. I think Blogger was having some problems too.

BEVIS said...

I don't know about 'smenita' ("but I know what I like!" - Ha! - Um, no), but I know that often - WHEN I JUST KNOW I GOT THE WORD VERIFICATION CORRECT - it still tells me "No, you loser; try again or I'll eat your comment up and have your own entire blogsite for dessert."

(Does anyone else's word verification get so hostile, BTW?)

I think it's all crazy, but I don't hate the word verification. I loathe the spam commenters, and that's where we should all be directing our ire. They're the ones who've brought us to this place.

If you ever meet someone who sends spam comments, do me a favour: Kick them.

elaine said...

It happens to me all to often. Even with the nice clear ones.
I don't bother commenting with the wiggly, long ones with 3qs an m and 2ns anymore.

Quirkie said...

Hi guys. Welcome Elaine (wow! a real pirate!). I don't know how I fixed it. Smenita just went away after a while. Ooooh. She sounds like a mysterious spanish lover in a John Denver song. Or an Elton John song. Oh Smenita you will never know...

Oh hey kids, for fun? Google smenita. We're not alone.